PROJECT 2020-1: LANDSCAPINGProject Coordinator: Ravi Raj
Completion: November 2020
Background HTCC was issued a violation two years ago. We have not taken care of it. Action Plan
1. Meet with city officials. They indicated that they will help what needs to be done. 2. Find landscaping and irrigation plans at temple or ask Reva Ji who got the landscaping done. Get plans from them and provide one copy to the city.
3. Get a revised bid from landscaping company. The last bid was $9000 in 2019.
4. We have to find funds to complete this work this year.
5. The soil erosion project is complementary to this project. Combine the two together.
PROJECT 2020-2: SOIL EROSIONProject Coordinator: Ravi Raj
Project Team: Narender Kumar
Completion: August 2020
Background The city has complained about soil erosion. The penalty keeps increasing every year.
1. Get plans from city officials.
2. Provide plans to Narender Kumar. He will help on this project.
3. Get bid for spray mulching, etc.
4. Get it done.
PROJECT 2020-3: KITCHEN PROJECTProject Coordinator: Deepak Malhotra
Budget (Payment): $12,000
Background: Dr. Murthy needs to raise the remaining money to pay the vendor. Action Plan
1. Meet with Dr. Murthy, Narender Kumar and Pradeep Goel.
2. Set up payment plan based on fund raising goals.
3. Dr. Murthy to order plaque and honor contributors.
PROJECT 2020-4: BRICK PROJECTProject Coordinator: Rajesh Aggarwal
Completion: Fall 2020
Background Some devotees have complained that they gave money for bricks but their names are not there. It is our fault for not maintaining the records properly.
1. Compile list of people who have stated they paid money for bricks.
2. Present a motion to the Board of Trustees for approval.
3. Add names to the list.
4. Close the project.
PROJECT 2020-5: RECOGNITION OF DONORSProject Coordinator: Rajesh Aggarwal
Background The project was initiated in 2019 to consolidate the funding received from devotees and recognize them for their contributions.
1. Update list of contributions to 1st Quarter 2020.
2. Check and correct devotee contributions. Need to work with Mahesh Jha, Reva Nayar and others.
3. Only one plaque upstairs. All other plaques need to be moved downstairs.
4. Get a plaque and recognize them.
PROJECT 2020-6: LOANS/SHORT-TERM PAYMENTSProject Coordinator: Mahesh Anandan
Background Short-term payments have been piling up due to expenses exceeding revenue. No payment has been made on devotees’ loans for 18 months.
1. Need aggressive fund raising.
2. Catch up on all bills.
3. Meet with devotees with loans/invoices.
4. Set up payment schedule.
PROJECT 2020-7: TRANSPARENCYProject Coordinator: Sanjai Natesan
Project Team: Tej Kabra
Completion: Need regular update with current events/announcements
Background We have done a poor job of keeping the community informed and engage them in key issues impacting the HTCC.
Action Plan 1. Improve website and keep it updated. 2. Post financials, board meeting minutes and current and future activities on regular basis. 3. Open BOT meetings to public. 4. Quarterly meetings with general public and advisory council members. 5. Promote activities to general public using website, e-mails and notices in the temple. 6. Educate devotees to use website for signing up for pujas and getting news on activities. 7. Set up a box for suggestions, complaints and feedback from devotees.
PROJECT 2020-8: FUND RAISINGProject Coordinator:
Project Team: BOT, Selected Community members
Background HTCC needs $480,000 annually to meet expenses. We have not raised 40 K/month last year.
Acton Plan 1. Multiple approaches planned. Need to meet when possible to address long-term goals and plan to achieve them. 2. See attached preliminary proposed plan.
PROJECT 2020-9: SECURITY SYSTEMProject Coordinator: Mahesh Anandan Project Team: Priority: High Budget: Completion: Background Action Plan 1. Update the software for security system 2. Install two cameras missing
ACCOUNTIBILITY CHECK LIST TABLE PROJECT COMMENTS DATE START FINISH 2020-1 2020-2 2020-3 2020-4 2020-5 2020-6 2020-7 2020-8 2020-9 2020-10